Centennial Rock

Celebrating

our 100 years

Mission Statement:

 

The Sunnyside Presbyterian Church is building and nurturing relationships with God, family, and community.

 

 

1912

1960 to Current

†† Sunnyside Presbyterian Church

Home

About Us

Contact Us

Session Committees

Deacon's Page

Calendar

Activities

Our Staff

Youth Activities

Pastor's Page

Related Links

Our vision is to invite and welcome everyone into Godís household

Plaque reads:

1904 to 2004

†...To the glory of God

About Us

BRIEF HISTORY

†† The Sunnyside Presbyterian Church traces its roots back to 1901 and the Reverend James M. Thompson of Columbia River Presbytery. In cooperation with the Baptist, Brethren, Christian, Congregational, and Methodist congregations a Presbyterian congregation joined to become the Federated Church of Sunnyside. There were 19 charter Presbyterian members in 1901.

†† In 1904 the Presbyterian group withdrew from the Federated Church to form their own church, the Sunnyside Presbyterian Church.

†† In the beginning the congregation met in a building that belonged to the Brethren Church, until it was decided to build a new church of its own on the corner of what are now Eighth Street and Edison. This beautiful church with stained glass windows, bell tower, and Sunday school rooms was dedicated on June 30, 1912 and served the congregation until our current church on 16th Street was completed in 1960.

†† In August of 2004 the congregation of the Sunnyside Presbyterian Church celebrated its 100th year anniversary. The people of this congregation, from the beginning, have devoted themselves to ministry in Christís name through generation of change and growth. Today we continue to serve, rooted in faith, united in ministry, and reaching out into godís world with love.